With the season changing there are a ton of things you can do in and around Amsterdam.
1. Our first recommendation is to go to a music festival! In these months you can head to a variety of festivals that sate specific musical appetites. If you're into electronic music you cannot miss the yearly Amsterdam Dance Event. It's 4 days of electronic music throughout the city with DJs from all over the world, as well as the local heroes. There are even events from ADE hosted next to Jaz Amsterdam. If electronic music isn't your thing, you should take a look at the Afrovibes Festival. If you'd like to skip music as the focus you should look into festivals like IDFA and the Amsterdam Art Weekend.
2. Our second recommendation would be to go to museums.
Summer is all about staying outside, taking in the sun and drinking something refreshing. Since it's autumn you should check out some of Amsterdam's many museums. We like the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam Museum and the Eye Film Museum. There are a ton of different types so you can find something that will interest you. For a completely different museum experience, look into the Museum Night of Amsterdam.
3. Third on our list is to visit a park: It's Autumn, so the leaves are turning a beautiful amber colour and Amsterdam happens to be full of parks. Amsterdam is a green city (we are talking about trees here *wink*) so you can find wonderful scenes in most areas you go. We recommend Oosterpark, Vondelpark and even Lomanstraat (yes, it's a street with giant slanted trees).
4. This one is a little bit of a curve ball but you need to try classic Dutch food. Yes, yes Dutch cuisine isn't world renown but our chefs are great at making food that warms up the soul. After a cold morning, it's good to finish off your light lunch with a warm piece of apple pie in the Jordaan (Winkel 43 is a great place for a warm slice). You can even eat some traditional stamppot with fall beer for dinner. You can always grab a bite at Rhythms Bar & Kitchen. The menu is a mix of international and local cuisine.
5. Our last but not least recommendation is to enjoy the golden hour in the Jordaan. If you want to snag a beautiful photo from your visit in Amsterdam, you need to take pictures during sunset. You can point your camera/phone anywhere you want but we like the bridge on the intersection of Brouwersgracht and Herengracht.
So, those are our 5 recommendations. There are a ton more things to do in the lovely city of Amsterdam but we enjoy these 5! Our hotel is only 15 minutes away from the city center, so you can do all this with ease.